Winter time means family’s are traveling for the holidays and winter vacations, if you are driving here a couple of tips to keep in mind to make it a safe traveling season.
- Pack extra blankets in the back with a couple extra bottles of water, in case you get stranded you can stay warm and also stay hydrated until help arrives.
- Inform someone where you are going the route you are taking and when your expected time of arrival is going to be.
- Make sure you keep your gas tank doesn’t go below half to insure you do not freeze the gas lines.
- Make sure you are giving yourself enough time to break to avoid any ice that may be under you.
- Do not crowd a plow truck or drive right next to it, the road behind the plows are the safest so if you can stay behind the plows.