Most of the time when you become a renter you are responsible for your own electric bill, so trying some of these useful tips and hacks can help save you some money.
- Using LED light bulbs can use up to 90% less energy than your regular incandescent light bulb, saving you money.
- Do your laundry with cold water therefore you aren’t having to use hot water which in return raises your heating bill.
- Switching over to a Low-Flowing shower head means less water to heat.
- Lowering the temperature on your hot water heater to the suggested 120-140 degrees Fahrenheit which can save you any where between 4%-22% annually!
- Unplug anything that is not in use like a phone charger, coffee pot, lab top can cost up to $100 yearly if still plugged in also known as energy ghosts.