Not everyone enjoys making dinner or even cooking at all, especially when its summer and hot outside. Here are some simple tricks for cooking to make it easier.
1. If you double all your favorite recipes while you are prepping them, you will be able to split them up put them into freezer bags. Then you can just take the extra out of the freezer and throw it in the crockpot for another meal that won’t have to prep.
2. Take advantage of your crockpot, you will be able to take all different kind of ingredients and throw them in and let it cook all day long. Then when you get home it will be done and ready for you to dig in. This can also cut down on the amount of dirty dishes.
3. Try looking for shortcuts, like buying pre cut fruits and veggies that can be thrown in the freezer if you don’t have to use them all at once.
4. You can cut cooking time down by using the microwave to cook your veggies. This will also be less heat left off into your house compared to when you use the stove or oven to took them.
5. Try using the one pan/dish cooking method. All you need is your protein, veggies, salt & pepper, oil, and of course your pan or sheet tray. You will just have to throw everything together in the pan and stick it in the oven! This means a lot less dishes you have to wash and that’s a win in the books for me.