Keeping your apartment cool during the summer is easy when you have air conditioning. But what if you do not have it? There are many things you can do to keep it cool without having an air conditioner. Doing one or more of the things below can also help you keep your electric bill down compared to if you have an air conditioner plugged in all the time.
- Keep your blinds closed to help keep as much heat from the sun out as possible.
- Keep doors to rooms you do not use a lot closed to keep the cool air in certain areas.
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate counterclockwise so the airflow will create a nice breeze to help you cool down.
- Open your windows at night to allow the cooler air to come into your apartment to help cool things down.
- Keep your lights off when you are not using them so the heat from the bulbs don’t heat up the rooms in your apartment.
Looking for more ways to help keep your apartment cool, Google it and you’ll find all kinds of tips and tricks.