It is that time of year again, the snow is gone and the sun is out! The temperatures out side are just going to get hotter and unfortunately most of the time when you are renting your rental doesn’t have air conditioning. Hopefully with these six cleaver hacks you will be able to keep your rental a little cooler.
1. At night temperatures tend to drop so try to open up those windows and get the breeze flowing through your rental.
2. Did you know that your ceiling fans need to be adjusted seasonally? If not, in the summer time you should set it to run counter-clockwise at a higher speed. This will allow the fans airflow to create a breeze that will make it feel cooler.
3. To stay cooler at night, swap out your flannel sheets and fleece blankets for light and airy cotton sheets and light weight blankets.
4. Another trick you could try would be to keep the blinds and curtains closed. A lot of unwanted heat comes through the windows from the sunshine during the day. By keeping your blinds or curtains closed you are not allowing that heat to come through, keeping your rental cooler.
5. You can also change your lightbulbs. Switching from incandescent bulbs to compact fluorescents because the compact fluorescent bulbs give off less heat.
6. Try not using your oven so you don’t create the extra heat that will come from your oven. Try grilling, or even cooking in the crockpot, to eliminate the extra heat from the oven.