October is Fire safety Month, take a few moments to go through these tips to help prevent a fire in your home.
- Always make sure your smoke detectors are working, being tested every month and putting one on every floor of the house.
- Do not over load the outlets and extension cords, avoid loose electrical connection with your plug and the wall outlet, if there is a loose fit it could overheat and start a fire within minutes.
- Clean out your dryer vent out every time your drying cycle is done, clothes dryers are the ones to often start a residential fire.
- Make sure you have a escape plan set up for your family and are practicing it semi-annually.
- Living in an apartment complex? Make sure you know where all of the fire EXIT doors are located.